What it’s like:
I’m a card-carrying, lifelong member of the club, so here’s a few highlights:
– Can you guess how I am feeling today?
– I can’t focus on anything; all I can do is continually talk myself into keeping a calm, clear mind today. It’s on-going.
– I tell myself, ‘Tomorrow will be better. It just doesn’t feel like it.’
– It’s like walking around with a wet blanket wrapped around your head.
– I feel everything and nothing.
– I don’t want to feel this way. I can’t get anything accomplished.
I don’t feel it at all today, but I know factually that tomorrow may be better. When depression is very severe, I am not
capable of even thinking of tomorrow. Fortunately for me, today isn’t so bad.
– Everything requires so much energy.
– I have to MAKE myself do basic cares. Time can pass by without the thought of it.
– The thought of stepping inside a shower wears me out mentally. I talk myself through it.
– I try not to think of the past, the future, or anything really, but its all demanding my attention.
– If several people circled around you, all demanding your attention, all yelling in
gibberish….that is what depression is like.